How To Publish Your First YouTube Video
17 April, 2019 06:08 pm
1. Getting Started
2. Creating a YouTube channel
3. Shooting and editing video
4. Uploading videos using PC and Smartphone
5. Keep posting
YouTube is a popular online video streaming service that’s been around for ages. There are millions of videos to keep you entertained, educate and inspire. Today, there’s a trend of YouTubers creating channels and communities around them. These people craft videos on topics like the latest technology, games, cooking and everyday life hacks. That’s where YouTube serves as a platform for people to gain popularity with their extensive knowledge and talent. This may also inspire you to create your own YouTube videos too. Becoming a YouTuber has become very simple. There are several updated features of YouTube that enables you build your own community and attract subscribers to your channel. Before you do that, you need to start with the basics of planning, creating and uploading your first video. This article will guide you through the steps you need to follow when uploading videos on YouTube.
It's very important to figure out interesting topics and know your audience first. This will help you decide what kind of videos you want to make. Once you have this figured, create the outline of a video and arrange equipment that you need to shoot. It’s perfectly fine if your first video looks simple and short. You’re only going to get better over time. Once you decide and finalize topics, create your own Google account to login to YouTube. If you already have an account, use it. The next step is to create your own channel with a name, artwork, logo and the description. When assigning a name and creating the artwork, make sure it’s catchy and impressive. All these elements are very important to get the attention of your audience.
Creating a YouTube channel
You need to sign-in to YouTube to create a new channel. Click on the YouTube settings and then on the "Create new channel". To give your channel a name, type in your Brand Account Name and click on the "Create" button.
Shooting and editing video
Before you start shooting, take several trial shoots with your smartphone. This technique gives you an idea of things that need to be taken care of. For example, the right place to shoot, right angle, arrangement of lights and other factors. Talking about equipment, most of the videos on YouTube are shot using DSLRs. Ultimately, it depends on what kind of videos you want to create. For vlogging, a smartphone with a good front camera or GoPro are recommended. To make your videos look professional, try out different features of the camera. You don't really have to buy expensive equipment to get it done. The benefit of using a DSLR is you get good quality videos that are better for editing. If you’re on a budget, a good phone that is well placed and a well-lit scene will do just fine. If you are just getting started, you might not want to spend a lot on video editing software. YouTube already has a built-in video editor that lets you trim videos, add and adjust sound tracks, give effects, adjust the volume of the background audio clip to them.
Uploading videos using PC and Smartphone
The video that you have created can be uploaded using your PC and a smartphone.
1. On your PC, open www.youtube.com on a web browser 2. Click on the Upload button, on the right top corner of the page. 3. Choose the video privacy settings as Public, Private, Unlisted and Scheduled. If you choose privacy setting to Private or Unlisted, you need to then click on Done button and click on Share to send it to your friends manually. It won’t be accessible to all users. 4. While the video is still uploading, you can make change video settings. You can also choose if you want to notify subscribers under the distribution option. If yes, check the box in front of the "Notify subscribers" option. 5. Click on the "Publish" button to complete uploading your video.
1. To start uploading video, open the YouTube app on your smartphone 2. Tap the video icon on the top of the screen 3. Select the video you want to upload or shoot a new one by tapping the Camera icon 4. Once you select the video, you'll be able to do some editing before you upload 5. YouTube's built-in video editor lets you trim video and add filters by clicking on the Magic Wand icon. 6. You can also add background music by tapping the music icon or search for featured music by tapping the "+" icon. 7. This editor lets you adjust the background music and the original audio of your clip 8. You can set the start and the end point of the audio clip by just scrolling it from left to right or the either way around 9. Once you complete editing, you add Title, description and set the privacy 10. When completed, click on the "Send arrow" button at the top to start uploading
To make your videos get more views from YouTube viewers, you will need to keep posting new content continuously. You can start creating playlists once you get a decent number of views and subscribers on your channel. This encourage viewers to watch more videos published by you. To check out views and audience retention, YouTube also has an Analytics tool that you can use to track and measure your channel’s popularity.