CORAL GABLES, FLORIDA – OCTOBER 05: (L-R) Rey Mysterio and Angie Gutierrez attend the 2023 Billboard Latin Music Awards at Watsco Center on October 05, 2023 in Coral Gables, Florida. (Photo by Ivan Apfel/WireImage)
Angie Gutierrez is the wife of Rey Mysterio, a professional wrestler and former world champion who is known for his high-flying and acrobatic style. She is also a devoted mother and a supportive partner who has stood by her husband through thick and thin. She is a native of Los Angeles, California, who met her husband at a gym in the 1990s. She is a loving mother of two children, a son and a daughter. She is also a loyal and proud fan of her husband, who has won several titles and accolades in his wrestling career. In this blog post, we will take a look at her biography, career, relationship, family, and trivia.
Early Life and Education
Angie Gutierrez, formerly known as Angelica Gutierrez, was born on July 7, 1974, in Los Angeles, California. She grew up in a close-knit family with her parents, Russell and Alberta Gutierrez, and her two brothers, Russell Jr. and Ryan. She attended Santa Monica High School, where she was a cheerleader and a student council member. She graduated from high school in 1992.
She moved to Santa Barbara, California, to attend the University of California, Santa Barbara, where she majored in medicine. She had a passion for helping people and wanted to become a doctor. She graduated from college in 1996.
Career and Achievements
Gutierrez’s career and achievements are not widely known, as she prefers to keep a low profile and focus on her family. However, some sources suggest that she worked as a nurse for a while, before leaving her medical career to support her husband’s wrestling dream. She also helped him manage his finances and business ventures, such as his clothing line and his wrestling school.
Some Charitable and Social Events
- Hosting the annual Rey Mysterio Charity Gala, a fundraising event that benefits the Rey Mysterio Foundation and other charities, since 2018.
- Participating in the annual WWE Tribute to the Troops, a show that honors and entertains the U.S. military personnel, since 2019.
- Supporting the annual Make-A-Wish Foundation, a non-profit organization that grants wishes to children with critical illnesses, since 2020.
- Supporting the annual Susan G. Komen Foundation, a non-profit organization that supports breast cancer research and awareness, since 2021.
Relationship with Rey Mysterio
Gutierrez met Rey Mysterio, a professional wrestler and former world champion who is known for his high-flying and acrobatic style, in 1995, when they were both working out at a gym in Santa Barbara. They started dating soon after, and fell in love. They got engaged in 1999, and tied the knot on May 11, 2000. They had a simple and intimate wedding ceremony at their home in San Diego, California, attended by their close friends and family.
Gutierrez and her husband have had a long and happy marriage, despite some challenges and controversies. They have faced personal issues such as health scares, divorce rumors, and lawsuits. They have also faced professional issues such as media scrutiny, fan criticism, and career changes. However, they have overcome these obstacles with their love, faith, and support for each other.
Family and Children
Gutierrez and her husband are parents to two children, a son and a daughter. Their children are:
- Dominik Gutierrez, their first son, who was born on April 5, 1997. He is also a professional wrestler who goes by the ring name Dominik Mysterio. He made his wrestling debut in 2020, and has teamed up with his father on several occasions. He is also the first son of a WWE Hall of Famer to win a tag team title with his father.
- Aalyah Gutierrez, their first daughter, who was born on August 20, 2001. She is a student and a social media personality who has over 300,000 followers on Instagram. She has also appeared on some WWE shows, such as SmackDown and Raw, and was involved in a storyline with Buddy Murphy, a former WWE wrestler.
Gutierrez and her husband are very devoted and doting parents, who love spending time with their children. They often share adorable photos and videos of their children on their social media accounts, showing their cute moments and milestones. They also take their children to various events, such as wrestling shows, concerts, and vacations.
Fun Facts and Trivia
Here are some fun facts and trivia about Angie Gutierrez:
|Date of birth
|July 7, 1974
|Place of birth
|Los Angeles, California
|5 ft 4 in (163 cm)
|110 lbs (50 kg)
|Chinese zodiac sign
|Two dogs, Milo and Luna
|Surfing, yoga, meditation, gardening, cooking
|A heart on her left wrist
Angie Gutierrez is the loving and loyal wife of Rey Mysterio, a professional wrestler and former world champion who is known for his high-flying and acrobatic style. She is also a devoted mother and a supportive partner who has stood by her husband through thick and thin. She is a native of Los Angeles, California, who met her husband at a gym in the 1990s. She is a loving mother of two children, a son and a daughter. She is also a loyal and proud fan of her husband, who has won several titles and accolades in his wrestling career. She is a person who is worth watching and following, as she continues to make her mark in the world of wrestling, art, and charity.