How to check BECE school placement To Senior High School ( SHS )
10 September, 2019 01:11 pm
Students who sat for the 2019 Basic Education Certificate Exams (BECE) a few months ago can now know which schools they were placed. The BECE school placement can be checked via the new Computerised School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS) portal.
The CSSPS is the system the Ghana Education Service (GES) uses to give BECE takers senior high schools, vocational or technical schools based on the results they got from the exams.
The portal to check BECE school placement is now opened for the candidates and candidates would need the BECE placement checker cards to get to know their placed schools.
According to the Ghana Education Service, the BECE placement checker card can be used to check BECE school placement for a single candidate for an unlimited number of times. This is unlike previous years where the placement codes could only be used for a few times.
The card can be bought at authorised shops and BECE school placement and results checkers in town. It costs around GHS 15.
The GES has also announced that the previous system where the candidates would text their index number to shortcode 1060 to check BECE school placement does not work anymore. That method of checking BECE placement will be a waste of time now as the new CSSPS platform is the new sole method to check school placements.
To check your BECE school placement, you get your placement checker card ready and a good internet connection. The card is usually sold at internet cafes and it is selling around 15 cedis. Note that the price may differ a little depending on your location.
If you have these available, you can proceed with the steps below to check BECE school placements.
- Make sure that the computer (or mobile device) you are using has good internet access.
- Now open your browser (preferably Google Chrome) and visit the CSSPS result checker online portal — cssps.gov.gh.
- At the homepage, choose “Check Placement” from the boxed options there.
- On the next page, you will be met with spaces for the BECE index number and the code on the placement checker card (eVoucher) you bought.
- Enter your BECE index number. It is usually just 10 digits.
- Then add the last two digits of the year of the exams to the index number. So if the index number is something like “1102006056”, and the year of exams is 2019, it becomes “110200605619”.
- Now enter the code on the BECE school placement card you bought. The code is the same as the 12-digit voucher number.
- Hit proceed and enter your PIN (Personal Identification Number) that will also be found on the scratch card you had purchased.
- After you are done, click submit. Be patient and wait for the results window to pop up.
- It the process was successful, you will see the CSSPS placement checker print form option appear.
- You can now click on Print to print it out.
Note that the green and single track students will go to school on September 15, 2019. The gold will follow on November 12, 2019.